Hours Starting April 22, 2023:
- Tuesdays 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Thursdays 4:00 to 6:00 PM
- Saturdays 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Public events listed in table below:
|05/13/23||10am to 12pm||Master Gardener Workshop: Container Veggie Gardening|
|06/24/23||10am to 12pm||Master Gardener Workshop: Composting|
|10/21/23||11am to 1pm||Grand Work Party! (last-day cleanup)|
Garden Mission Statement
The purpose of the Philomath Community Garden (Lupe’s Community Garden) is to develop a beautiful and nurturing space where individuals, families and groups may grow nutritious, organic vegetables and fruit for themselves and for community food banks and gleaners programs.
The goals and objectives of the Philomath Community Garden are as follows:
- To improve nutritional awareness and promote healthy eating habits by encouraging home gardening, providing fresh, organic produce to our gardeners, local food bank and gleaner program.
- To provide opportunities for positive social interaction and recreation in a beautiful, non-threatening atmosphere where individuals of all ages and backgrounds may interact in a healthy pursuit.
- To increase the number of home gardeners by offering educational programs to the community at large.
- To nurture curiosity and provide hands-on learning opportunities for children by providing gardening space for use by youth programs and schools.
- To offer a quiet and restful garden setting for the enjoyment of the natural world of plants, birds, insects, and the four seasons