- Oct. 17: Holiday Cheer applications distributed to schools
- Oct. 31: Deadline for applications!
- Nov. 14: Children matched with shoppers
- Nov. 21: Sponsors/shopper contacted
- Dec. 2-3: Shoppers drop off gifts
- Week of Dec 6: Distribution prep
- Fri, Dec. 16, 2-6pm: Gifts are picked up
Using community goodwill and contributions, the Holiday Cheer program offers aid to local families and individuals who need assistance and cheer during the holiday season. To qualify, recipients must be at or below 300% of the poverty level in the Philomath area.
The program provides gifts to children 0 – 18 years of age. Food vouchers and hygiene baskets, decorations, and wrapping paper are provided for their families. In 2021, the program supported 48 families including 131 children. This program aims to make the holidays just a little happier for each of the lives it touches.
Holiday Cheer distribution date is Friday, December 16, 2022 (2-6pm.)